2. Summarize the meanings of these terms in YOUR WORDS... or watch the video (to the right).
Bobbing for Apples
Listen to the video and answer the questions below.
(Advanced speakers: Listen to the video below without watching it to answer the questions.)
LISTEN and ANSWER
Listen to the video and answer the questions.
B) Watch the video and answer the questions you didn't get before.
- How old is the Halloween tradition?
- Fill in the blank of the evolution of a Halloween Tradition:
Samhain -> _______________ -> Halloween
- Why would people originally wear masks on Oct. 31st?
- ______________ was when poor people would pray for people’s dead relatives in exchange for food.
- How much do Americans spend on Halloween each year?
- BONUS QUESTION:What is the most commercialized holiday in the United States? … in your country?
2. All Saints Day/ All Hallows Eve
3. To be mistaken for ghosts (by other ghosts).
5. 2.5 Billion / 6 Billion (including candy)
BONUS: Christmas/ ....
- Get EXCLUSIVE content.
- PDF Downloadable NOTES for all podcasts.
- Access to ALL mini-courses. (IELTS Speaking Pt. 2, IELTS Essay Writing, Phrasal Verbs, etc.)
- FREE conversation lessons with Jesse. Check out past lessons here.
- DISCOUNTED 1-on-1 lessons
- HELP Sweed Academy Grow.
What are White Belt Lessons?
Basic and beginner conversations that you will normally have in a foreign language.
FREE IELTS Writing Workshop.
(Click on the photo to register)
English Fluency Training
English Listening Lesson
English Story Telling
English With Music
Learn English Expressions
Real Life Stories
Stories From Real Life
Talk About Real English
Talk About Your Hobbies
Talk About Yourself