- Choose a film that you’ve seen and create a movie poster
- The poster can be drawn or cut and pasted photos
- Write a plot summaryof the film. (100-150 words- No Spoilers!)
- Write at least 3 opinion reviewsof the film. (Ex. Rotten Tomatoes)
- ask friends for a 1 or 2 sentence opinion about it.
- include the reviewer’s name
Vocabulary and Grammar: (Film Vocab and Relative clauses)
The lead role: Supporting roles:
EXPRESSIONS YOU CAN USE:
Plot and Setting:
The film takes place in…
<Film name> is a story about…
You’ll leave this film feeling…
_______ is about…
The film stars…
The main character, played by Brad Pitt,…
<Name> (Brad Pitt)…
Pre-Teach (For Teachers)
Look at the words below written as we would pronounce them. Show them to the students and see if they can guess what the words are. (I also have them write them in their notebooks.) After you go through all of the words, ask them to predict what song you will be listening to in class.
NOTE: These are my interpretations on how we pronounce them. If you and your students would be more comfortable using the official phonemic script, feel free to write those on the board instead.
Listen to the song several times. (I usually play it twice.) Use these words to fill in the blanks. Watch the video with lyrics AFTER completing the assignment.
NOTE: For lower levels, you may need to play it slower. Click on the gear icon on YouTube and adjust the speed.
Adjust the Speed
1. Click on the gear icon.
2. Click on 'Speed'
3. Choose the speed you want.
SHAKE IT OFF
What are White Belt Lessons?
Basic and beginner conversations that you will normally have in a foreign language.
Get weekly lessons sent directly to your email.
FREE IELTS Writing Workshop.