Listening Comprehension– Answer the questions from the film. Answer them in full sentences. Be creative with your answers if you don’t know.
Lots of language to work on for beginners or advanced classes.
- Have the students answer in full sentences.
- Work on different kinds of expressions (ex. I think I remember...; I think that his heart grew because...; The Grinch lived -just north of Whoville/ at the top of Mt. Crumpit, etc.)
- Work alone or in groups
- Use the correct tense and alternatives
- The last question is intended to lead to a discussion
The activity is to allow the students to listen and watch for general information instead of an exam-style listening for specific information. Let me know how it works!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
If you don't have a copy of the film, it is in six parts on YouTube (for now)
- Choose a film that you’ve seen and create a movie poster
- The poster can be drawn or cut and pasted photos
- Write a plot summaryof the film. (100-150 words- No Spoilers!)
- Write at least 3 opinion reviewsof the film. (Ex. Rotten Tomatoes)
- ask friends for a 1 or 2 sentence opinion about it.
- include the reviewer’s name
Vocabulary and Grammar: (Film Vocab and Relative clauses)
The lead role: Supporting roles:
EXPRESSIONS YOU CAN USE:
Plot and Setting:
The film takes place in…
<Film name> is a story about…
You’ll leave this film feeling…
_______ is about…
The film stars…
The main character, played by Brad Pitt,…
<Name> (Brad Pitt)…
What are White Belt Lessons?
Basic and beginner conversations that you will normally have in a foreign language.
Get weekly lessons sent directly to your email.
FREE IELTS Writing Workshop.