Listening Comprehension– Answer the questions from the film. Answer them in full sentences. Be creative with your answers if you don’t know.
Lots of language to work on for beginners or advanced classes.
- Have the students answer in full sentences.
- Work on different kinds of expressions (ex. I think I remember...; I think that his heart grew because...; The Grinch lived -just north of Whoville/ at the top of Mt. Crumpit, etc.)
- Work alone or in groups
- Use the correct tense and alternatives
- The last question is intended to lead to a discussion
The activity is to allow the students to listen and watch for general information instead of an exam-style listening for specific information. Let me know how it works!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
If you don't have a copy of the film, it is in six parts on YouTube (for now)
2. Summarize the meanings of these terms in YOUR WORDS... or watch the video (to the right).
Bobbing for Apples
Listen to the video and answer the questions below.
(Advanced speakers: Listen to the video below without watching it to answer the questions.)
LISTEN and ANSWER
Listen to the video and answer the questions.
B) Watch the video and answer the questions you didn't get before.
- How old is the Halloween tradition?
- Fill in the blank of the evolution of a Halloween Tradition:
Samhain -> _______________ -> Halloween
- Why would people originally wear masks on Oct. 31st?
- ______________ was when poor people would pray for people’s dead relatives in exchange for food.
- How much do Americans spend on Halloween each year?
- BONUS QUESTION:What is the most commercialized holiday in the United States? … in your country?
2. All Saints Day/ All Hallows Eve
3. To be mistaken for ghosts (by other ghosts).
5. 2.5 Billion / 6 Billion (including candy)
BONUS: Christmas/ ....
- Get EXCLUSIVE content.
- PDF Downloadable LESSON PLANS and MATERIALS for all lessons.
- Access to ALL basic fluency courses. (IELTS Speaking Pt. 2, IELTS Essay Writing, Phrasal Verbs, etc.)
- FREE access to workshops and idea shares
- DISCOUNTED 1-on-1 lessons and sessions
- HELP Sweed Academy grow and inspire..
What are White Belt Lessons?
Basic and beginner conversations and assignments for your students.
FREE IELTS Writing Workshop.
(Click on the photo to register)
English Fluency Training
English Listening Lesson
English Story Telling
English With Film
English With Music
Learn English Expressions
Real Life Stories
Stories From Real Life
Talk About Real English
Talk About Your Hobbies
Talk About Yourself