If you're looking for a small project for your students to create something positive, here is a game that was inspired by a video called What You Believe Becomes Reality on The Future YouTube Channel. (Click the and watch the video with your students if they need more examples.)
This would be especially helpful and useful for TEENS. You will love what they create!
· In groups (or individual), choose 8 negative words to convert into a positive meaning.
· Choose one to make a poster.
· Students make their poster.
· Students present and hang on the wall.
· Class Vote
· Top group wins ¼ of a day’s wage.
· Give some examples for the WARMER. (ex. impossible, no, pain, etc.)
· Walk around to help the students during their creative work
· Make a “finish date” for the project (give around 1 or 2 classes)
Good luck! Let me know how it works for you and if you have any special touches that I can try in my classes:
Name:___________________________ Class: __________________________
PART I: Negative Words
Brainstorm as many negative words as you can in 2 minutes.
PART II: Convert
Turn these negative words into positive words or meanings. Look at the examples for ideas.
Impossible -> I’m possible
No -> Next Opportunity
Make Your Own:
PART III: Brainstorm
Write Ideas you and your group come up with.
PART IV: Rough Draft
Test and practice the best ideas for your poster.
Language ____/10 - Is the message inverted well?
Creativity ____/10 - Are the words and the style appropriate for the message?
Presentation____/10- Is my project visually pleasing to the eye?
Have more time.