This activity is a great thing to do as a lesson opener or warmer in a topical lesson or to build your students' vocabulary.
· If you have the image on a whiteboard, give a couple students a marker and ask them to write the word on the photo, and then hand the marker to another person.
· Each time the students say an item, ask them where it is. (Practice describing position and location)
· This would work as an introduction to a topical lesson. (ex. at the beach, in the office, etc.)
· The simple question, “Where is the _____?” is very useful in this activity.
· Increase your connection with the students and use your real photos.
Good luck! Let me know how it worksfor you and if you have any special touches that I can try in my classes:
Easter Egg Lessons
Community - If you use real photos, and then ask them to contribute some of their photos to do this on a regular basis, the students will be more interested because they're taking a peek into each others' lives.
What else can you find?
Have more time.