Before the Lesson
Print profession ideas to have the students choose what job they would like to have for today's activity.
Activity (10-15 min)
· Explain the situation with the PPT (choose how many people can not go)
· Give students time to write notes about the uses of their profession
· Debate in a semi-free discussion why they should be included in the trip
· Remind them to use the target language
Worksheet for Your Google Classroom
Task: Use your occupation and the target language to argue why you should be included in the voyage.
State your opinion:
I would say that...
I should go because…
You will need me because…
We need/don’t need ______ because…
I think so, too.
That's a fair point.
We're on the same page.
I'm with _____________...
I don't disagree, but...
I beg to differ.
I don't agree at all.
He's/She's completely off base.
That doesn't make any sense.
That's not true.
Prepare Take notes with reasons why you should be invited onto the rocket.
· The activity works best with groups of 6-8 students. Break bigger classes up into groups
· Decide if you want to take a vote or use a point system to choose who goes
Good luck! Let me know how it works for you and if you have any special touches that I can try in my classes:
Have more time.