(Some students may not know anything and that's ok.) - 6-8 minutes
· Take some answers and work with corrections as a class. (3-5 minutes)
· Listen one time and do the matching.
· Listen a second time and finish the matching.
· Find synonyms and/or translations of the given expressions in section I.
POST LISTENING:Optional depending on the level of your students. I don't do this with lower levels.
· Students write example sentences using the new expressions from section I.
· Choose some example sentences to work with as a class.
· Write one sentence using a new word or expression from this lesson.
Good luck! Let me know how it works for you and if you have any special touches that I can try in my classes:
Less is more - For lower levels, only focus on them learning one or two new expressions to use
Easter Egg Lessons
Motivation - If they can capture the mood of the song, they could be motivated in their lives.
What else can you find?
situations before success an easy experience to be treated poorly
- To pay your dues _______________________________________
- Time after time _______________________________________
- To have sand kicked in your face _______________________________________
- To come through _______________________________________
- To be a bed of roses _______________________________________
- I ain’t _______________________________________
II. Listen to the song (2 times) and match the expressions.
- I’ve paid my dues a. I’ve made a few
- I’ve done my sentence b. time after time
- And bad mistakes c. my friend
- I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face d. for losers
- We are the champions e. but committed no crime
- And we’ll keep on fighting f. but I’ve come through
- No time g. and my curtain calls
- I’ve taken my bows h. ‘til the end
- But it’s been no bed of roses i. and I ain’t gonna lose
- I consider it a challenge before the whole human race j. no pleasure cruise