1. What are the 10 things speaker Mary Roach lists? (Try to catch at least 5)
2. What is "The Upsuck Theory"?
3. In the 1950s, what did the scientists Masters and Johnson try to find out?
4. Why did pig farmers start to become more 'active' when inseminating pigs?
1. Fetuses have been observed masturbating in the womb.
2. The woman who had an orgasm brushing her teeth had brilliantly white teeth.
3. Orgasms only come from genital stimulation.
4. Completely dead people can have orgasms.
5. Orgasms can stop hiccups.
6. In the 1950s, Masters and Johnson found validity in the Upsuck Theory.
7. Sperm that stays in the body for more than a week makes them stronger.
8. People are the only species that experience pleasure during orgasm.
9. Men's semen can be shot at up to 8 feet (2.5 meters).
Easter Egg Lessons
- Learn something new about orgasms
- Enjoy a new topic they probably haven't studied with before
What else can you find?
This lesson will be using the Ted Talk by Simon Sinek called How Great Leaders Inspire Action. (Video below).
AGE & LEVEL: Advanced Adult Learners and Professional Classes
Lesson Focus: Concept Listening and Responding
Why do you think people follow certain people? Who inspires you?
Listening: Listen to the talk and answer the questions
1. What three examples does the speaker give of good leadership?
2. In the “Golden Circle”, what does he mean by WHY?
3. FINISH THE SENTENCE:
“People don’t buy what you do, _______________________________.”
4. According to Sinek, all of his information is rooted in psychology/biology. How?
5. The goal isn’t to do business with everybody who needs what you have, the goal is to do business with people who _______________________________________________.
6. Samuel Pierpont Langley had education, funding, and support. How do we know that he just wanted fame and fortune?
7.a. Law of diffusion of innovation:
8. What examples did the speaker give on good and bad examples of Law of diffusion of innovation?
Good (Success) Bad (Failure)
3. What or who inspires you? Write their names and a few words about why.
Have more time.