This would be especially helpful and useful for TEENS. You will love what they create!
LESSON:Look at Words Differently
OBJECTIVES:a. Grow A Deeper Range of Vocab b. Turn Negativity into Positivity
LEVEL: Blue Belt+ (Lower Intermediate and higher)
Warmer: Negative Vocabulary
· In groups or take turns writing on the board, students write as many negative words as they can write in a set time (2 minutes).
Project: Create A Poster
· Choose one to make a poster.
· Students make their poster.
· Students present and hang on the wall.
· Class Vote
· Top group wins ¼ of a day’s wage.
· Walk around to help the students during their creative work
· Make a “finish date” for the project (give around 1 or 2 classes)
Good luck! Let me know how it works for you and if you have any special touches that I can try in my classes:
Name:___________________________ Class: __________________________
PART I: Negative Words
Brainstorm as many negative words as you can in 2 minutes.
PART II: Convert
Turn these negative words into positive words or meanings. Look at the examples for ideas.
Impossible -> I’m possible
No -> Next Opportunity
Make Your Own:
- Fail -
- Can’t -
- Fear -
- Pain -
- Ugly –
PART III: Brainstorm
Write Ideas you and your group come up with.
PART IV: Rough Draft
Test and practice the best ideas for your poster.
Language ____/10 - Is the message inverted well?
Creativity ____/10 - Are the words and the style appropriate for the message?
Presentation____/10- Is my project visually pleasing to the eye?