This is a guessing game where the students will see a part of a photograph, and they will have to guess what the picture is.
Target Language: Sharing Opinions, Speculation Language, Descriptions
Age and Level: Most ages and levels from lower intermediate
(It depends on how many photos and how many expressions and vocabulary you teach)
· Students work with a partner. (3 or fewer do it as a class)
· Give students 1-2 minutes per photo.
· Students have a two-way conversation about what they think.
· Review vocabulary in the photos after the reveal.
· Write any new words in their notebooks.
· You are their partner.
· Encourage them to involve you in the conversation
· Teach useful expressions that you teach or say.
· I write the words and expressions as well for future review.
Easter Egg Lessons:
Finding Details - Your students will have to look for clues in the detail of the photos. This usually gets their attention.
Sharing Their Opinion - This can be difficult for some people to do, but this exercise often makes it a little easier.
What else can you find?
Good luck! Let me know how it works for you and if you have any special touches that I can try in my classes:
Have more time.