LESSON: Review the book exercises
OBJECTIVES: a. Study the key material b. Direction vocabulary
c. Tic-tac-toe Strategy
LEVEL: Can be appropriate for most levels.
TIME: 8-10 minutes
PLAN: (Best for classes of 2-8 students)
· Use this to review homework or to do book exercises.
· Draw the tic tac toe board
· Teach/Review the spaces on the board (top right/left; bottom right/left; middle; middle left/right/top/bottom)
· Divide the class into 2 groups
· Flip a coin to see who goes first
· Team A chooses a square, Team B chooses a number for Team A to answer
· A correct answer gets the square
· Most students choose middle first. Teach them that the corners are the best strategy
· Set a time (10 seconds) for them to choose their squares and numbers
Easter Egg Lesson:
Real Interaction - If you choose students to write the X and O on the board, they can do the entire interaction.
- "What square do you want?"
- "Bottom middle"
- "Team B, choose a number"
Tic-Tac-Toe Strategy - This teaches more than just winning at tic-tac-toe. Once you teach that the middle isn't the best first move, they will usually get it and learn to think a bit differently.
Teamwork - They will learn to work in a team in choosing the right square together and choosing which number they want the other team to answer.