Reading is an important skill to have for EFL students. Some students are preparing exams, some need to improve reading for their jobs, and some learners just enjoy reading in English and want to get better.
Whatever their reason is, comprehension and learning new expressions is always essential if you want to build your language fluency.
With this worksheet...
- Be guided through comprehension questions
- Note new and old vocabulary and expressions to improve fluency
This will give students direction and motivation to read more in English with some guidance. Use this as a part of your private lessons or classes to give the students extra value!
I’m reading _________________________________
Pre-Reading: Know what you're reading.
- What type of reading is it? (novel, news/sports article, biography, etc.)
- How long did you spend reading?
Reading: Know what you're learning.
- Write one sentence answering what this text was about?
- Write 1-3 sentences details from the text. (What did you understand?)
- Write 1-3 OLD expressions that are familiar. (Ones you’ve heard before.)
- Write 1-6 NEW words or expressions (then ask a teacher to confirm.)
- ______________________ d. ______________________________
- ______________________ e. ______________________________
- ______________________ f. _______________________________
Post-Listening: Know what you've read.
- Did it accomplish its objective? Why or why not?