- Give each student a post-it note or a small piece of paper and have them divide it into 4 boxes.
- Create a category for each box. (You can see an example above.)
- Write a word for each category. Each word must have a reason for why you wrote it.
- A partner tries to guess why partner one wrote the given word.
Possible adaptations could be:
- each partner gets up to 3 guesses per word
- the partners go back-and-forth until the first one answers correctly
- award points
- create a story based on your partner's words.
Be flexible and use several adaptations if the students are enjoying the activity
Easter Egg Lesson:
Fluency Expression - Take time to teach "You'll never guess". Include that it's usually followed up by a 'W' word. (Ex. You'll never guess who I saw today.)