10 Things You Didn't Know About Orgasm - English Listening Lesson | TED Talk (Upper Intermediate Lesson)
1. What are the 10 things speaker Mary Roach lists? (Try to catch at least 5)
2. What is "The Upsuck Theory"?
3. In the 1950s, what did the scientists Masters and Johnson try to find out?
4. Why did pig farmers start to become more 'active' when inseminating pigs?
1. Fetuses have been observed masturbating.
2. The woman who had an orgasm brushing her teeth had brilliantly white teeth.
3. Orgasms only come from genital stimulation.
4. Completely dead people can have orgasms.
5. Orgasms can stop hiccups.
6. In the 1950s, Masters and Johnson found validity in the Upsuck Theory.
7. Sperm that stays in the body for more than a week makes them stronger.
8. People are the only species that experience pleasure during orgasm.
9. Men's semen can be shot at up to 8 feet (3.5 meters).
You can find the answers in the PDF Worksheet
The purple belt student should focus on using more idioms and fixed expressions as well as confidence in conversations. We're going to tell more in-depth stories about our lives, reading articles and writing critiques, and digging deeper into the details of English in this section.
Get weekly English Lessons sent directly to your email.
FREE IELTS Writing Workshop.