Learning language isn't much different than learning a sport, an instrument, or how to do anything. Repetition repetition repetition. You will perform how you practice.
In this episode, Jesse talks about studying English in a different way. Focus on the muscle memory with your brain and your mouth to get used to doing it the right way.
Jesse gives some tips and examples for you to practice this on your own or with your teacher. If you would like to study with Jesse, visit sweedacademy.com and sign up for a lesson.
Listen to the full episode below and then answer the listening questions.
True/False Listening Quiz
Answer these True/False questions as you listen:
1. Jesse is a sports trainer.
2. Muscle memory helps in sports, playing an instrument, and language learning.
3. The way you brush your teeth is an example of muscle memory.
4. Repeating yourself is boring and unhelpful.
5. The phrase 'I would like' is followed by 'to verb'.
6. Repeating words in your mind is a great way to improve pronunciation.
7. If you say a sentence correctly once, you know it.
8. Drilling will help you improve in everything.
Why More Than English?
You will hear:
There are Thousands of Ways to Listen
Ok, maybe not, but...
LISTEN on your favorite podcast platform. https://anchor.fm/morethanenglishpodcast
Get weekly English Lessons sent directly to your email.
Become A Member