Get a pen and paper or your voice recorder ready because this episode will be interactive. Jesse will guide you through the Proust Personality Test to go deep into getting to know yourself even better.
The Proust Personality Questionnaire is a fun exercise that will ask you different levels of personal questions that you probably don't think about in your daily life.
Answer these 35 questions honestly for yourself either orally or written, and you will surprise yourself. You will also learn some new vocabulary and have practice forming questions in English.
There is no vocabulary lesson at the end of this episode, but I explain some unusual vocabulary words during the test that will help you answer the questions. Let me know about your results.
How will it help me?
Some ways people have used this questionnaire:
- Having fun
- Writers and Actors/Actresses have used them to create characters
- Practice thinking in English
Option #1 - Grab a pen and a piece of paper and write down your answers to the following questions.
Option #2 - Use your phone voice recorder to record yourself saying the answers with the episode.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
11. Which living person do you most despise?
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
16. When and where were you happiest?
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
21. Where would you most like to live?
22. What is your most treasured possession?
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
24. What is your favorite occupation?
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
26. What do you most value in your friends?
27. Who are your favorite writers?
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
31. What are your favorite names?
32. What is it that you most dislike?
33. What is your greatest regret?
34. How would you like to die?
35. What is your motto?
Why More Than English?
You will hear:
There are Thousands of Ways to Listen
Ok, maybe not, but...
LISTEN on your favorite podcast platform. https://anchor.fm/morethanenglishpodcast
Get weekly English Lessons sent directly to your email.
Become A Member