In this episode...
(The words and terms are in order of when you will hear them)
Venture – A business project where something is risked to hope to gain a reward.
- “Thank you for joining me in this venture.”
All the time – Another expression to say ‘always’
- “Students ask me all the time.”
In response to – An expression to explain responding to somebody.
- “I ask the same question in response to this every time.”
How often to you ______? – PRON /ofen/
… isn’t it? – Question tag (intonation going up to ask a question)
- “It’s kind of logical, isn’t it?”
Nonsense – something that is silly or doesn’t make any sense.
- “Read blogs, read news articles, read science journals, read sports articles, read
A trick – a small hint or hack to do something better.
- “Here’s the trick. Here’s the secret.”
Alliteration – form of speech where a group of words all start with the same letter or sound.
- Practice makes perfect.
To engrain – to permanently fix or establish something in the mind
- “If I practice the wrong way, I’m just engraining the wrong way in my head.”
To solidify something – the act of making something solid; to make something stronger.
- “You’re solidifying it in your mind.”
Fossilized errors – when you learn something the wrong way so much that you know and use it
the wrong way.
Broadly – (adv.) broad (adj.)
- Once we see the way broadly, we can see all ways.