I've Never Seen An Elephant Fly
If you're looking for a fun, engaging listening lesson that will teach your students vocabulary and enjoy a classic Disney film, this lesson is for you.
We will base this lesson on the original Dumbo animated film.
Watch the original video and song here and play it for your students.
How to teach the lesson
Do Whatever Works For The Student
- Write the definitions - a good way to learn the meanings as well as think in English a bit more.
- Write example sentences - a good way to learn the words in context
- Draw pictures - good for students who are more visual and artistic. Allow their creativity to show
- Translation - this can be useful for students who can't grasp the concept of a word or needs to compare the word to their own language. (This may not be useful for words that don't have an exact translation)
Extra Cultural Lesson
(Conversation starter options:)
- What do you think of the stereotype here?
- Are there any stereotypes of people in your country?
- What are other stereotypes you know of?